Sunday, September 15, 2013

Molasses Internet -- It Has a Certain Ring to it

Instead of The Daily Dahl today, I'm just doing a quick post about what I've been preparing for this week. My internet is moving like molasses today, and I'm not having it. At the moment, I'm typing faster than my computer can process. I can feel the danger of potential typos and bad punctuation already. What can I say? I like to live on the edge. 

I've been busy reading this week, but not a lot of writing. That means I've got a lot of reviewing to catch up on. Here's a preview of some of the things I intend on reviewing for you. 


1.) The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 1 by Alan Moore

2.) The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K Rowling. Oh, and I'll probably throw in a discussion of her newly announced film. I'm sure you've heard the viral announcement, but if not, stay tuned. 

3.) The Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski. I've got a mind to do a bit more analysis on this one instead of a traditional review. Perhaps I'll do more interpretive reviewing with this one, but I haven't decided yet. 

4.) Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones 

5.) Komodo! by Peter Sis

Also, I have a handful of articles from The Guardian, and I may discuss some journal articles from popular literary journals such as The Lion and the Unicorn.

Lastly, I've been doing some research on the subject of book sales. I'm curious why people buy books. It seems like a simple question, but there is a whole psychology to the behavior of purchasing books. I'd LOVE to hear from you and get your thoughts on book purchases. Why do you buy the books you do? What kind of impulse buys do you make? How has digital publication affected book sales? If you have any answers or comments, send me an email or comment on this post. Any day I hear from my readers is a great day! 

Lots of love! Expect to be reading more from me soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio