Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Daily Dahl 6/16/13

The Daily Dahl -- Sunday Edition
16 June 2013


This popped up on my Facebook feed yesterday. It's from Publisher's Weekly again - top book choices for this week! These all look like great reads and I intend to add them to my ever-growing "to-read" list. 

Found via: Facebook
Originally Written by Gabe Habash 
Published June 14, 2013

My Summary:
Since I can't really summarize a list, I've added the list here along with a link to its Goodreads page (click the number to follow the link). I like to visit Goodreads to see what other readers like myself think. You can read more about the books by following the links on the original article as well. Read the reviews and chip in if you've read any of these. Looks like some quality books on this list. I'd love to hear your opinion if you've read any of them!

Here's the list:
1. In The House Upon the Dirt Between the Lake and the Woods by Matt Bell (Soho Press) 
2. Italo Calvino: Letters, 1941-1985 by Italo Calvino (translated) (Princeton Univ.)
3. Cemetery Lake by Paul Cleave (Atria)
4. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (William Morrow)
5. Bobcat and Other Stories by Rebecca Lee (Algonquin) 
[an extra link included with this original entry - don't miss it!]
6. Proxy by Alex London (Philomel)
7. Mo' Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove by Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson and Ben Greenman (Grand Central)

I think The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Bobcat and Other Stories, and Proxy look like exciting reads to pick up. What's your top choice? Anything different you've read lately that you'd add to this list?

Citation: 
Habash, Gabe. "PW Picks: The Best New Books for the Week of June 17, 2013." Publishers Weekly. Ed. Michael Coffey and Jim Milliot. PWxyz, 14 June 2013. Web. 15 June 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio