Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just Thinking

Hey! So, I've been missing for a few days if you haven't noticed. I could give you a slew of excuses, but I don't really like to make excuses. Anyway, I've been attending to other things in my life outside the blog. But please don't feel forgotten! I've been thinking of you the whole time. Honestly, I'm like "What will my readers think of me!" and "Oh, my poor, unattended blog!" and even "Gah! I'm just itching to write something, anything really!" But all of that is beside the fact.


Despite my absence I've been reading something fantastic, which I just can't wait to share with you. You'll have to come back soon to see my review for the anthology Dark Light (and a giveaway). It's seriously amazing. Seriously, I can't say seriously enough. I need you to get my point. Seriously!!
Okay, that was probably one too many 'seriously', but I'm quite excited to share it with you.


I can't stop thinking about Flannery O'Connor. I mean, A Good Man is Hard to Find is SUCH a good story. I was thinking about it while out for a walk recently. Does that ever happen to you? A story just sort of pops up in your head and you can't stop thinking about it. You know, like it's becoming something real. I remember thinking like the Misfit, like the grandmother, and even the woods. A good story just takes a lot of unravelling I suppose. I have no idea how Flannery O'Connor popped into my mind, but nonetheless, I think I need to make a special trip to the library to pick up some of her short stories. Do you have any suggestions for which of her stories I should read next?


Okay, I'm rambling. I really just wanted to come by and say Hi. Oh, and that I will be back soon withlovely things for you to absorb (I'm talking about reading of course).


Oh, and here's what I'm reading. That seriously amazing story I was telling you about :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Just saw this. Seriously. I do mean seriously. Thanks for reading. Let me know how you like it and when you post a review. I appreciate your talking about the book. Take care -- Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making Dark Light available to me to read! I enjoyed it immensely and have a tour stop coming up on July 13th if you want to check out my review. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio