Friday, August 3, 2012

I Loved You First Anniversary Tour

:

Thanks for making the stop here on this awesome tour. If you've been following since the beginning, great, but if not go HERE and check out the previous posts of the tour.


Here's what is coming in this post: Cover reveal for the 1 year anniversary of I Loved You First by Reena Jacobs, About the book and author, A short and sweet review from mwah, and thennn... a pretty fan-fricken-tastic giveaway.


Now, because I'm dying to show you.... here is the new cover for I Loved You First!



Pretty isn't it? I think the cover does a great job reflecting the emotional appeal of this book. The look of wonder, the shading and lighting, the bold letters... everything just fits the story so well. Great cover!


Okay, so now you REALLY want to know what this book is about, don't you?


Alexandria (Alex) Carmichael guards two secrets close to her heart. One―she’s in love with her best friend, Seth. Two―he’s gay.
As a freshman in college, Alex looks forward to fun times with her best friend. When Seth decides cycling through girlfriends is the way to fit in with the straight crowd, Alex must make a choice: watch Seth give his affection to another while her heart breaks or come clean with her feelings and risk losing his friendship forever.
I LOVED YOU FIRST is a new adult love story told through the eyes of Alex, an African-American/Caucasian student, who takes a journey of self-discovery while watching her best friend come to terms with his sexuality.
Available at: Amazon - BN - Smashwords - The Book Depository

Welcome Reena Jacobs everyone!!


Reena Jacobs is just a writer who loves to see her words in print. As an avid reader, she’s known to hoard books and begs her husband regularly for “just one more purchase.” Her home life is filled with days chasing her preschooler and nights harassing her husband. Between it all, she squeezes in time for writing and growling at the dog.
Connect with Reena: Blog - Twitter - Goodreads





My Review of I Loved You First:

Okay, I'm going to keep this short because there is so much else going on in this post. First, when Jacobs sent me a request for review, I knew I wanted to read her book without even reading the description. She is just downright hilarious and I knew that I would love working with her! 
The best part of her novel is the characters. They were incredibly realistic. I honestly felt like they could have been my neighbors. Each character did some things that I loved and other things really annoyed me about them. Perfect. They're real! 
Also, Jacobs sheds light on the struggles of becoming adult. Along with coming to terms with ones sexuality, Alex and Seth learn about becoming independent, the value and the hardships of friendship, and about dealing with prejudices. 
This is a great novel because you can relate to it in many ways if not all. 


I give this book four out of five fantastic foxes! 

Enter to win a book of choice from the Book Depository (up to $15 value). Also, if you leave a comment on this post, you will have a chance to win $25 to The Book Depository, Smashwords, or Barnes and Noble. But hurry! You only have 48 hours to enter.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

30 comments:

  1. Recently, there was and Indie Author Hop going on. That's where I came across the booms called What A boy Wants and What A Boy Needs by Nyrae Dawn.those books were brilliant and Nayrae Dawn is a must-read author. I'm soon gonna read her book, Freeing Carter too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarika! I've recently come across some great indie authors as well. I really enjoyed The Fossegrimen Folly by Michael Almich.

      Delete
    2. Veronica Roth for Young adult because she's great at writing action sequences and showing,not telling.

      Tammara Webber for New Adult because she knows how to write a romance!

      --Markella

      Delete
    3. Showing, not telling is KEY! And it certainly separates the bad writing from the good. I haven't read anything by Veronica Roth yet, but I have Divergent next in line to read :)

      Delete
  2. I love Fisher Amelie as a New Adult author - Callum and Harper and Thomas and January are wonderful new adult books with characters really deciding on their new independent lives while dealing with complex issues.

    For YA, I LOVE Stephanie Perkins. She really makes you fall in love along with her main character, the characters are flawed but so real and lovable, and they all grow into people who are so much kinder and mature than when they began.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammara Webber! I love all of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reviewing I loved You First, Zooey. I love the highlights.

    I'm a Nyrae Dawn fan also!

    I just read the synopsis of The Fossegrimen Folly. Makes me think of a YA version of a show which aired last season called "Grimm." Sounds interesting.

    As for me, I'd like to add Keary Taylor to the list. I've only read one book of hers, "What I Didn't Say," but LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure!!

      I just looked up Keary Taylor and her books look like something I'd love. I just added What I Didn't Say to my TBR list! Thanks for introducing me to it :)

      Delete
  5. I like Abbi Glines, Beth Revis, Cassandra Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huntley Fitzpatrick...I loved My Life Next Door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard fantastic things about My Life Next Door, but I have yet to read that one. By the way, I checked out your blog. Beautiful background!!

      Delete
  7. New Adult must read: Easy by Tammara Webber
    Young Adult must read: Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! They are both in my TBR pile. Now if only I can get through that pile!

      Delete
  8. Definitely anything by John Green! I simply ADORE John Green, his YA books are always bittersweet, if you're looking for a good tearjerker, definitely go for John Green! Highly recommend The Fault in Our Stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am dying to read something by him!

      Delete
  9. Rachel Carter is a new debut author is a must read. I loved her book SO CLOSE TO YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel Vincent is my favorite writer, but I like Veronica Roth, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Rachel Hawkins, Cynthia Hand. All amazing authors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A YA author who I higly recommend is Hannah Harrington. Her stories are beautiful, characters real and she deals with some important issues. Currently read Speechless and it's bound to leave me Speechless! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many amazing YA authors out there! I adore Lauren Oliver and Veronica Rossi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tammara Webber did a great job with her newest novel Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are sooooo many to pick from. I have really enjoyed Karina Halle's Experiment in Terror series and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind slightly creepy books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read Pushing The Limits by Katie Mcgarry and it definitely fits the new adult genre.The book was awesome and I'll definitely be watching out for her books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving Colleen Hoover - Slammed and Point of Retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you heard about Mike Mullin?? He published a book named Ashfall last October, and he's going to publish the second book of this trilogy on October 8th named Ashen Winter. I read Ashfall thanks to Netgalley, it was AWESOME! Definitely a new author we have to look out for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Ashfall! You might check out NetGalley for Ashen Winter. I picked up a copy and it's even better than Ashfall!

      Delete
  18. Great Review...this book sounds interesting!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award...If your interesting in particpating you can find more info Here

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lot of authors I've never heard of before. WONDERFUL! :) I love recommendations.

    ReplyDelete


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio